Sunday 4 January 2015

ROUND II: Jamie's Italian - 237 Edward Street Brisbane QLD 4000


ROUND 2: EAT!

I came back to Jamie's a lot sooner than I thought I would. Exactly 6 days after my first experience, my fellow Food Extinguisher Expresso & Matcha convinced me to give it a second chance, but again, the mains failed to impress.

Since pasta is a staple Italian dish, I ordered the Black Angel Sphagetti ($25). Again, the sauce was amazing - it was nicely infused with wine while the chilli and capers gave it an extra kick. However, the spaghetti clumped together, which led to it being quite hard and undercooked.


Suprisingly enough, the Osso Buco Style Lamb ($29.5) was juicy and tender, and the meat fell right off the bone. Enriched with tomatoes, wine, and herbs, the lamb was really quite enjoyable.


On to dessert. With so many choices, it was difficult to decide...


We ended up choosing the Tiramisu ($11), and yes, the desserts EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS AGAIN. Light and creamy, the layers of orange mascarpone and coffee-flavoured trifle leaves you with an addictively indulgent orange-coffee aftertaste, making your palette yearn for even more. The shaved orange zest and the perfectly even coat of expresso creates a whole new dimension, allowing you to experience many different flavours in the same dish.


Verdict:
Well, it looks like I will be making another trip to Jamies again - but only for desserts. Overall, we had a fairly decent meal but it lacked the 'wow factor' expected from a celebrity chef restaurant.

The waiters were generally attentive, but failed to mention that credit cards incur a surcharge and should have as a common courtesy.

//You can read about my first encounter with Jamie's here.




Jamie's Italian on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

>