Tuesday 7 July 2015

Restaurant Two - 2 Edward Street, Brisbane QLD 4000

Don't expect to be full after a meal at Restaurant Two. But that's to be expected from a fine dining one-hatted restaurant which prizes quality (over quantity).

Who could possibly resist going in after seeing a sign like that?


A 2 course lunch with Sour Dough Bread & Cultured Butter and a complimentary glass of wine and unlimited sparking water for only $45!


Located in one of the most beautiful heritage-listed building on Edward Street, Restaurant Two offers a stunning view of Brisbane's Picturesque Botanical Gardens. Not to mention a stylish, modern dining space.


We started off with a slice of sour dough accompanied by creamy cultured butter topped with sea salt.


For my first course, I chose the Braised Beef Ribs. Juicy, tender ribs with an oh-so-good meat-off-the-bone texture, paired with a sweet red wine jus and a perfectly cooked stalk of broccolini. The accompanying polenta tasted creamy but felt a little gritty.

 
Braise Beef Rib, polenta, and gremolata
 
My Fellow Food Extinguisher had the Pumpkin Tortellini (normally $40). She really enjoyed it as the pasta tasted really fresh.

Pumpkin Tortellini, onion, walnuts, chevre, burnt butter ($40).

I was really excited when my Mandarin Cheesecake (Normally $19) arrived. A deconstructed cheesecake with sweet, crispy candied bacon, raw pumpkin and sticky mandarin syrup. I loved the different textures on the plate, but would have preferred it more if mascarpone or cream cheese was used rather than triple cream brie. Don't get me wrong - it was certainly a unique experience but I really like traditional cheesecakes made the good old-fashioned way. I also wish there was an actual slice of mandarin, fresh or candied, somewhere on the plate so that the main ingredient of the dish can be showcased.
 

Deconstructed Mandarin Cheesecake ($19)

Now this is how I like my brie - on a cheeseboard with crackers :). A delicious platter of gourmet cheese!

Farm House Cheese + Accompaniments

Verdict
With stunning views, fantastic service and a great inner-city location, what more can you want? If you're planning to host a special event and budget is not an issue, I will definitely recommend Restaurant Two.


Click to add a blog post for Restaurant Two on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

>