Saturday 11 July 2015

Gazebo = Magnifico | 345 Wickham Terrace Hotel Urban Brisbane QLD 4000

Gazebo - it's Magnifico!


Furnished with lots of greenery and comfy couches, the outdoor terrace was certainly inviting - I basically sank myself into one of them in no time. Nothing beats a large plushy armchair after a looong looong week - it was sooo relaxing and satisfying!

So much green - feels like I am in the middle of a rainforest!

Open 7 days a week, Gazebo offers an array of culinary delights - traditional breakfast staples, gourmet café-style meals, decadent treats and more.


Our meals took a while to arrive so we waited (im)patiently for our meals. Quality dishes take time to prepare so we didn't really mind. We certainly weren't disappointed - it definitely exceeded our expectations. In fact, exceeds expectations is an understatement - it was absolutely scrumptious.

Doused in a dill vanilla crème with refreshing zesty flavours, the Moreton Bay Bug & Prawn Fettucine ($36) was amazing. The flavours were so delightfully complex - I could taste confit garlic, chilli, prawns and fresh Moreton Bay Bug. To top it off, crispy bits of kale was sprinkled on top - which definitely took it to the next level.

Moreton Bay Bug & Prawn Fettucine ($36)

I was also impressed by the Barramundi ($38) - it was perfectly cooked - the flesh was firm yet super moist, with a crispy golden skin. Add in coconuty laksa broth, lemongrass, coriander, vermicelli, and a juicy kaffir lime and you've got one delicious combination.

Barramundi ($38)

Even the water here tasted pretty amazing - I wonder why.

No wonder -

Sweet and citrusy

Verdict
Although we waited a little while before our mains arrived, it was well worth the wait. Each dish was packed with flavours which complemented the core ingredient very well.

Update: Fortunately, I was invited to try a few of their other dishes - you can read about them here.



Click to add a blog post for Gazebo Restaurant and Bar on Zomato

3 comments:

  1. When I was going for travel then I take apples, bananas, nuts and many more foods. I’d love for you to suggest healthy gluten-free convenience foods, like the snack bars. I like the Kind bars. Having to eat gluten-free has led to eating whole foods.
    chowringhee karolbagh | kathi roll restaurant

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is terrible because it uses best ingredient for making the superb food, I can feel it how much tasty is this. I just glad after seeing your efforts please share more delicious item.
    restaurants near me open now | Chowringhee lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very helpful list! It reminds me of the fish list (Seafood Watch) that the Monterrey Bay Aquarium puts out which has helped shape my consumption patterns. The fact that it was on a small fold-able wallet sized brochure helped too. franchisee inquiry | Order now

    ReplyDelete

>