Monday 9 February 2015

Snag Stand - Queens Plaza Food Court | 226 Queen Street, Brisbane QLD 4000

Straight A's - Awesome chips, Average haute dogs, and Awful service, for A gourmet price. As usual, I began my food journey by taking a few photos (without flash) of the menu for my readers - but I was told that I wasn't allowed to take photos (which made me feel very uncomfortable). Of course, this is just my personal experience, and you may have an entirely different one.
 
The faces have been blurred to protect people's identities.

Reluctantly, I put my camera back into my bag and got a take away menu instead.

Burgers
Haute Dogs
 


 
 
 
 



The Wagyu Beef Haute Dog ($10.9), served on a soft rustic roll with butter and garlic mash, herbed gravy and topped with sautéed onions seemed like a pretty good option. While the different elements complemented well with each other, the sautéed onions were undercooked and as a result, had a sharp and pungent taste (and obviously, not sweet, as expected). The butter and garlic mash was delightfully creamy, and I enjoyed the gravy, but there just wasn't enough. The sausage had a delicious beef flavour, but felt a little dry (probably because of the lack of mash and gravy).

Wagyu Beef Haute Dog ($10.9)
Only half my haute dog came with proper mash and gravy.

Despite being told off, I have to admit, the chips ($2.9 or $3.9) were indeed, Awesome. Cooked in Cholesterol Free Oil and lightly seasoned with natural sea salt flakes, these perfectly crispy Tasmanian Russet Potatoes which melted instantly in your mouth were to die for. Together with the Fresh Herb Aioli ($1), it was like a match made in heaven.

Snack Chips ($2.9) with Fresh Herb Aioli ($1)
When they say "snack", they really do mean just a "snack".

Verdict:
Awesome chips but Average dogs.






Snag Stand on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it
    Los Angeles Catering

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food Truck Catering Wedding this can be a remarkable inspiring thread.I \'m pretty much pleased Utilizing your good work.You put truly valuable information. Keep This up. Keep threading. Looking in order to reading your current next post.

    ReplyDelete

>