Monday 8 February 2016

How I celebrated CNY - Meeting new "peng you" at Peng You (朋友)

What better way to celebrate the Chinese New Year than by spending it with a big group of "peng you (朋友)" (aka friends in Cantonese)?
 
And that's exactly what I did - I was fortunate enough to be invited to Peng You's CNY Eve Cocktail Lunch and met heaps of new peng you there.
 
What is most striking about Peng You is definitely the ambience - with its oriental red lanterns and grey cobbled walls, it feels as if you've travelled back in time.
 
 
And if that's not enough to make you impressed, Peng You organised lion dancers to ward off evil spirits and welcome the new year of the monkey!
 
 
 
 
The monkey in me couldn't resist the beautiful assortment of canapés served by the waiters. There's fried chicken, fried calamari, spring rolls, satay skewers, fish balls, fish cake, peking duck wraps with a generous dollop of hoisin sauce, gyozas, roast pork, steaming hot pork buns and more. The highlight was definitely the gyozas - there was so much pork broth in it that it exploded as soon as I bit into the beautifully panfried gyoza. Needless to say, I actually wet myself and everyone else around me - hopefully it didn't annoy my new peng you too much.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And best of all - Peng You features an open kitchen so you can see the chefs in action.
 
 
Disclaimer: The Food Extinguisher was an invited guest of Peng You however this review is honest and unbiased. You can also read my previous experience at Peng You here

Peng You China Kitchen & Bar Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

>