Friday 11 September 2015

Midam - Shop 3 | 21 Farne Street, Sunnybank Hills QLD 4109

Not sure where to take your guests? Why not charm them with Midam? Offers a wide range of a-la-carte Korean dishes and all-you-can-eat BBQ buffet for only $28.50.


The moment I stepped inside, I felt I was walking through a peaceful nature sanctuary - the bamboo and wooden décor creates a very calming soothing ambience. Perfect place to chill after a long long week!



Not to mention it even comes with its very own waterfall!


Fortunately, the bathrooms do not involve any trees or waterfalls and I was extremely relieved to see that it was very modern.

PS - Please don't ask me why I have my camera with me in there.


In fact, I was super impressed with how high tech the toilet was - it comes with a really cool washing function. Umm I should probably focus more on the food and stop talking about the toilets, shouldn't I....


Being one of the biggest gluttons on this planet, how can I resist the buffet after seeing this? Pity it's only offered on Monday - Friday nights :(.


True to its word, Midam uses good quality charcoal which really does make a difference to the taste of the meat - gives it a delicious smoky flavour.


The Banchan arrived promptly and we got a fairly standard selection - kimichi, fishcake marinated with soy sauce and sesame oil, and Nokdumuk (mung bean jelly).


There's a very limited vege selection - there's garlic, chilli, shredded cabbage, sweet potato and onion. So if you're vegetarian, I definitely won't recommend this place. Though would anyone go to an all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ buffet just to eat vegetables? I certainly wouldn't, so I didn't really mind.

Yes I know octopus isn't considered a vegetable.

In terms of meats, there's Marinated Pork Ribs, Marinated Pork, Fresh Pork Belly, Marinated Chicken, Beef Tongue, Marinated Thin Beef Skirt, Wagyu Beef, and Marinated Beef. Although not all the items on the menu was available, it was still a good variety.


Given that the meats were from Thomas Meats (famous Korean butcher at Sunnybank), I had high expectations. I was definitely not disappointed - the Wagyu was very well marbled and the pork belly was sliced to the perfect thickness (or thinness) such that it crisped up deliciously after it was grilled. Just a word of warning - the pork belly may be a little too fatty for some.

I also loved the subtle sweet and tangy flavours on the marinated meats - the meats were very fresh so the original flavours really came through and you don't need to drench them in sauces.

What I didn't like, however, was that each table was only given one big plate to hold the meats. Probably to ensure there's no wastage. Not necessarily a bad thing -  I guess - because there's a $20 fine for diners with leftover food.


There's also Coffee and Brown Rice Green Tea available.



Verdict
At only $28.50, it's fairly reasonably priced for an all-you-can-eat buffet and no doubt it's one of the better Korean BBQ buffets in town. What struck me the most, however, was the was the wonderful sense of peace and serenity in the restaurant. And of course, I will never forget the toilets either - they are equally fascinating :D.



Midam Korean Charcoal BBQ Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Post a Comment

>